10 Tips to Sell Your Des Moines Home
There’s good news if you want to sell your Des Moines home. “New Polk County property assessments — arriving soon in homeowner’s mailboxes — likely will show the biggest jump in home values since the recession. That means demand for houses remains off the chart. You might think there’s little reason to do much work to sell your house, but that would be a mistake. We have 10 tips to sell your Des Moines Home.
10 tips to sell your Des Moines Home:
- Make their first visit to your home a lasting impression. The lawn should be mowed and edged, dead stuff taken away or raked, plants trimmed, and flowers blooming in the flower beds. Wash the siding and windows. You want your house to stand out from the crowd.
- Freshly paint the front door. This is the welcome mat to your home. And while you are at it, make sure the doorbell and porch light work.
- Make it smell good when they walk in. There’s a wonderful resort in Mazatlan at Emerald Bay. When you enter the lobby, you a greeted by a clean, tropical smell that makes you want to linger. Have a friend walk into your home and give it the smell test.
- Declutter every room. “Get rid of the family pictures,” says, Staci Byers, home stager. “Get out of your house!” You want them to imagine their belongings, pictures, art, books in “their” new home.
- You’ve de-cluttered the house. Is it clean? Nothing will turn off the buyer more than filth. If they feel unclean walking through your house, you’ve failed to make a sale.
Here are 5 more tips to sell your Des Moines Home:
- Clean out the closets, the medicine cabinet, and the tops of dressers. The buyer doesn’t want to see any of that.
- Make sure the bathroom is clean, and all of your grooming gear is gone. You are going to move, so get out of the house.
- Paint! Take down the pictures from the walls, spackle the nail holes, and paint. Stick to neutral colors.
- Decorate tables with flowers. Set the table with napkins. Let them picture themselves dining, enjoying conversation over candlelight.
- Stage your home for sale or hire a home stager. Your home will be clean, sleek, no distractive décor, and your chances will be great for a quick sale. Staged homes sell faster, and for a higher price. Since much of the initial shopping for a home is online, professional photos of a staged house draw more buyers to an open house.
All the 10 tips to sell your Des Moines home take time. What if you don’t have time? Then call us. We can make you an all cash offer for your house as-is and close in less than 30 days.
8th Wonder Homes is the areas’ premier real estate solutions company.
Since our inception, we have been helping homeowners along with improving communities in every city in which we work.
We have extensive knowledge of the business, a network of resources, and years of expertise. 8th Wonder Homes can assist homeowners with a wide variety of real estate problems. We pride ourselves on our reputation for working one-on-one with each customer.
With the ability to directly purchase homes and make cash offers, we can create an extremely fast, and hassle-free transaction.